Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brainstorming~

I am going to choose China as my topic for research paper. In fact, I didn't know much historical information about China, so this is why this research paper can bring me more knowledge and I will be more understanding about its development. I believe China has a good relationship with United States. Both countries are strong in the world, so it is common if they have some business dealing with each others. I knew the United States government didn't allow any Chinese immigrants came in 1980s because the government thought Chinese were too different as Americans. According to the Wikipedia, I have noticed that "most immigrants were illiterate, poorly educated peasants and manual labourers, historically called coolies." They went to Americas, Australia, South Africa, Southeast Asia, Malaya, and other places. I think Wikipedia can bring me some beift summary about the history of China. Before China became Republic of China, two main leaders created a civil war which affected most of the Chinese. Also, the World War II stole a lot of Chinese culture and stuff back to its country, and this is why most of the Chinese dislike Japanese. The Wikipedai also help me understand how did the civil war happened, and how did it end. In addition, I also find out that we have 23 U.N. member states currently maintain official diplomatic relations with China, but it didn't show which 23 member states and I would like to find it out. The sport, recreation, science, religion, and technology information wouldn't be useful for my research paper. For some reason, the Wikipedia didn't tell us about how did China build up it’s economic, and who is the epitome hero in all Chinese' mind. I'll going to find it out by some articles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ka - Interesting start. Here are some questions:

    - Are you sure it was the 1980s that no Americans were allowed in? What's your source for that?
    - What is the period that the quotation from wikipedia is referring to?
    - Do you know what period you want to write about?
    - What source did you find from the footnotes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool- the relationship between China is an interesting one and there's ALOT of information out there, what time period are you going to cover?

    ReplyDelete